6D/5N: South Burma (trip2)
The best value Liveaboard trip to the South of Myanmar
- Day 1: We will meet at the shop at 12h and embark in the afternoon on our boat MV Smiling Seahorse (new boat replacing Thai Sea in November 2018) in order to enjoy a dinner on-board at sunset and be on the dive site early the next morning. We clear both Thai and Burmese immigration and after a little ceremony for good luck during the cruise, we will cruise toward the archipelago.
- Day 2: After a good night rest, we'll wake up around High Rock, and dive 4 times around these macro-rich dive sites. After 2 easy dives in the morning to get back in the water, we will explore a cave in the afternoon where nurse sharks often establish their residence. In the evening we have a special night dive in a coral garden where we can spot several types of crabs (spider crabs, sponge crabs...) and the gorgeous spanish dancers. The red eyes of thousands shrimps will lighten your dive.
- Day 6: The last day we will make a very special dive in Volcano. Chance to see Reef Sharks and rare macro life such as seahorses, shaded bat fish, pineapple fish or comet often make their apparence here... but also blue spotted sting rays and other less rare specimens.
After the last dive we will head back toward Kaw Thoung where there will be opportunity for shopping.
Once we got our passports back by the Burmese authorities, we will sail back to Thailand where we get a new visa.
• Full accommodation and board
(Breakfast, Lunch, afternoon bites, Dinner)
• All soft drinks, drinking water, filter coffee & tea
• Fresh fruits, yoghurt & snacks
• 12 Liter Alum. Cylinders, Weights & Weight Belt
• PADI Professional Dive Guide
• 17 Dives during the Trip (6 Days/5 Nights)
• Towel, shower gel
• Sea kayak and hamac
• Burmese entry and diving Fees 200USD / Pers
• PERSONAL INSURANCE
• Alcoholic drinks and cigarettes
• Equipment rental (500THB/ day)
• Computer (300THB/day) or camera (400THB/day) rental
• PADI Continuing Education Courses
• 12 Liter Cylinders fill up with Nitrox (250THB/ tank or 3400 for all)
• Transfers to and from Ranong (on Demand)
Once in a Lifetime Diving
""I tend not to leave many 5* reviews on TripAdvisor, as I reserve these for exceptional experiences. This was certainly one of them. I did Trip 2: Burma (5 days / 4 nights), which included 14 dives. The diving was fantastic and it was such a privilege to go to such remote dive sites where there was nobody else for miles. I did the first trip of the season, so it was kind of cool to think that I was part of the first group to go to sites that haven't been visited in months! It was almost virgin reef territory. I saw such a variety of marine life at dive sites that were densely packed with a variety of species. One of the best experiences of the trip was seeing a sleeping Nurse Shark. It was a strangely calm experience, although I found the Barracudas to be a lot more unsettling! Each dive was well planned, we were briefed accordingly and dive safety was an important consideration for the staff. The staff know the sites inside out, whereby more experienced divers can split off to do more challenging dives at the same site. Some of the dive sites are known only to this company. This is a bespoke tour"" "★★★★★ by David Peck November 14, 2014 0.3