Exploration trip : One step further (trip 5)
Explore the most remote locations
- Day 1: Meeting time in our Dive Shop before 12.00 where you can try your equipment if you rent some and finalise the paperwork before we go to the boat. (we will need to see your passport with departure card, USD, photo and diver's certification card)
- We will take care of Thai immigration for you while you have lunch in town and we will cruise to the other side of the border. We will stop in Kawthoung where Myanmar officers will come on-board to check the paperwork and as soon as they give us clearance, we will cruise toward our first dive site.
- Day 2: The first dive sill be in the area of High rock with plenty of macro life and also some nice shark and rays to surprise tou. Here we can find all the special things like Pipefish, ghost pipe fish, Pineapple Fish, Frogfish, Sea Horses and many different species of Nudibranchs.
- In the afternoon, we will show you a dive site we recently discovered and where we often see Nurse Shark (and they are big…) sleeping in a swim through the coral around is vibrant and take all colours.
- It is also a great spot for the night dive and we named it Spanish garden because we often spot more than one Spanish dancer per night dive there.
After the last dive we will head back toward Kawthoung where you can visit the local market or enjoy The Smiling Seahorse's hospitality with a fresh beer at the local pub.
Once we got our passports back by the Burmese authorities, we will head back to Thailand where we get a new visa (30 or 14 days for visa on arrival).
A little video made by one of our passengers to illustrate what you can expect on a trip 5
• Full accommodation and board
(Breakfast, Lunch, afternoon bites, Dinner)
• All soft drinks, drinking water, filter coffee & tea
• Fresh fruits, yoghurt & snacks
• 12 Liter Alum. Cylinders, Weights & Weight Belt
• PADI Professional Dive Guide
• 25 Dives during the Trip (8Days/7Nights)
• 2 Towels/pers
• Sea kayak and hamac
• Burmese entry and diving Fees: 280USD / Pers
(+30USD next season 2019-20)
• PERSONAL INSURANCE
• Alcoholic drinks and cigarettes
• Equipment rental (500THB/ day)
• Computer rental (300THB/day)
• PADI Continuing Education Courses
• Nitrox (250THB/tank or 4,800thb/trip)
• Transfers to and from Ranong (on demand)
This itinerary is provided as sample itinerary and can be modified by The Smiling Seahorse based on weather forecast or other unforeseen circumstances.