Diving in Thailand
Trip 1: Our Best of Thailand Dive Cruise
4 Days/3 Nights, 11 dives: Surin Islands, Richelieu Rock, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai
Thailand still counts some of the best dive sites in the world and this trip offers just the best Thailand has to offer!
- Day 1: Meeting time in our Dive Shop 12.00-15.00 where we will have time to try equipment before we go to our boat MV Thai Sea. We will leave from Ranong around 16.00. It’s also possible to get picked up at Koh Phayam around 19.00. After everybody is on board we will leave to Surin Island.
- Day 2: The first day will be concentrated around Surin Island. We will start out at Koh Chi in the north of Surin Island and go down to the southern part of Surin Island where we will make 2 quite enjoyable drift dives… After the third dive we sometimes go visit the Sea Gypsies on Surin Island. The night dive will be around 19.00.
After dinner onboard looking at the sun set, we will leave to Koh Bon.
There is also a very good chance for Whale Shark and Zebra Sharks.
After playing with Manta’s we will go to Koh Tachai Pinnacle Where we usually have a very fishy dive: barracudas, trevalis, sweetlips, batfish a very nice dive. After the night dive, it's time for our infamous BBQ...
A video to illustrate our trip 1: Best of Thailand
• Full accommodation and board
(Breakfast, Lunch, afternoon bites, Dinner)
• All soft drinks, drinking water, filter coffee & tea
• Fresh fruits, yoghurt & snacks
• 12 Liter Alum. Cylinders, Weights & Weight Belt
• PADI Professional Dive Guide
• 11 Dives during the Trip (4 Days/3 Nights)
• Towel, shower gel
• Sea kayak and hamac
• Marine Park Fee* 1600-THB / diver
*subject to change without prior notice
• PERSONAL INSURANCE
• Alcoholic drinks and cigarettes
• Equipment rental (500THB/ day)
• Computer (300THB/day) or camera (400THB/day) rental
• PADI Courses (more info)
• Nitrox : 250THB/tank or 2,200thb for the whole cruise
• Transfers to and from Ranong on demand (prices)
This itinerary is provided as sample itinerary and can be modified by The Smiling Seahorse based on weather forecast or other unforeseen circumstances.